CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, November 03, 2007

The Wandering is Over

I Posted this earlier today on Zoe's Blog:

OK, so I haven't posted yet on Zoe's blog. Does this make me a bad dad? Does it mean that I haven't cared enough to post up to this point? I personally don't think so, those of you who already know me know that I am quiet concerning my feelings. I have never been one to share what is going on deep down inside me. But now that this is really getting ready to happen, it is time to hear from me. I have been quietly excited from the beginning, I have been pretty sure that the adoption was going to happen, I just didn't want to get too excited, too soon. I felt like if I let all of my excitement out early I would peak to soon and wouldn't have the energy to finish strong. Little did I know that when we started all of this it would take this long. I appreciate all of the support that many of you have shown throughout this process, without your support I know that we would have never even made it this far in the adoption process. I am constantly amazed by the generosity of our friends, family, and on occasion complete strangers who have helped us through the process. Now, as we expect her referral in the next few days it is the time to get too excited.I seem to have lost the ability to focus on anything. Focus has never been my strong suit anyhow, I am easily distracted by shiney objects. I don't sleep well, and I run to the phone every time it rings. I can not even begin to tell you how excited I am, I have waited a very long time for this day to come, and now that it is here I am not sure what to do, so I will revert to some of my old habits.

I will list for you some of the fragmented random thoughts I am having about the adoption.

  1. I wonder what Zoe will look like. There is a rumor that they try to match the looks of the child with the looks of the adopting father. ( Scary)
  2. With the time difference between here and China, when we come home, we could feasibly go back in time. (COOL)
  3. I cannot wait to eat real Chinese food. (MMMMMM)
    If the monetary conversion rate is 9 to 1, could I take $100,000 Convert it to $900,000 Chinese dollars and retire?
  4. Just how much wood, could a woodchuck chuck if a woodchuck could chuck wood? (sorry, FOCUS)


Here is a verse from the Toby Mac song Suddenly, it has helped me with the wait:

"Sometimes it's in an instant, Sometimes we wait for years, But it comes down to the moment when faith eclipses fear, Your wandering is over, The other side is real, You've broken through, Your mountain moved, And mercy is revealed, His mercy is revealed. Yeah."

It may not fit just right for our situation, but it has helped me.


Tim

1 comments:

Stephanie said...

1. Zoe looks like you according to Abbie. See Zoe's blog or your wife for that story.
2. Eric is quiet about his emotions as well. I am used to that and understand it. But now I expect to see you dancing down the aisle at church...before or after services, not during ;-)
3. A Wood Chuck would chuck 42 chucks.
4. It is nice to have you blogging again.

You have a beautiful daughter, Tim.