CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Monday, January 15, 2007

Contractions

With Zoe coming soon I have been thinking a lot about contractions. Why don't (do not) we contract more words? This thought process all started with the contraction of will not or willn't. I've (I have) heard people use this one before and wasn't (was not) sure if it was a real contraction. When I checked it is not an official contraction (for now). Well I got to thinking, what other words can be contracted. Can words like jump it, play it, kill it, read it, basically any word followed by an it. be shortened to a contraction like jump't, play't, kill't, or read't. How about contracting multiple words, for example: your standard willn't (will not) contracted with the old fashioned do't (do it) for the new contraction of willn'td't. An example sentence would be:

"When asked if he would take out the garbage Tim replied : I willn'td't."

"When asked if he would take out the garbage Tim replied : I will not do it."

Just look how much shorter we have made the sentence.

For fun let's (let us) contract some new words just to make life a little easier.

Tim

3 comments:

aaronkallner said...

I couldn't agree w'y'm.

Have a g'd.

Jennifer said...

Couldn't have said't better m'self, Aar'n.

Jennif'r

Jennifer said...

Happy Valentine's Day, my sweet and beautiful man! I love you, Tim!!!

Jennifer