CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Sunday, December 17, 2006

Selfish

Tonight, I realized that while I was worrying about my own needs, concerned about how down I had been feeling, I was missing just how bad a friend of mine is feeling. It is so easy to worry about your own needs without seeing what is hurting those around you, but according to the bible it is just the opposite of what we should be doing.

Nobody should seek his own good, but the good of others.
1 Corinthians 10:24

Be devoted to one another in brotherly love. Honor one another above yourselves.
Romans 12:10

I ask each of you who have been praying for my job stress, to take some time and lift a brother who is struggling (he just seems really tired and down). He has a close family member who is in the hospital, and the prognosis is not good. I have to say that even in his time of trouble he has taken time for me, he has agreed to keep me in his prayers. Now I am asking you to remember him in your prayers, and if you only have the time to pray for one of us please pray for him.

Tim
(tomorrow I promise something light, something fun)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so like you, Tim, to put someone else first when there is a need. I'm so proud of you, baby!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Maybe I tend to go easier on people regarding this because this has been my own struggle, but I will be praying for you both. It is to your credit that you had discovered that you had fallen into a trap, rather than continue in it for months (like I have). Keep plugging along. Might I encourage you to think about going to read my post today? It deals with the focus that gets us out of it. http://lifeoutsidethebathroom.blogspot.com/2006/12/heres-quarter.html

I'll pray for you both.

Blessings.

BTW, if you replaced the J in my name with an F, my name would be "Fared," now wouldn't it?

Anonymous said...

PS I don't usually self-promote; it just seemed that you were pondering what I was pondering. NARF!

Anonymous said...

Wow, dude, this is one long tomorrow! You doing alright?

Jennifer said...

Hey, Jared! Tim goes through spurts of blogging. Wouldn't you know it that as soon as Tim promised something, he would get really busy around here and not be able to find time to get on the computer. Could be that nothing "light" has happened to him yet...haha.

Jennifer