CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, December 16, 2006

Great Music

I have attended two Christmas concerts this week. On Monday I attended a David Phelps concert, for those of you who don't know who David is: He is a contemporary christian singer along the lines of Stephen Curtis Chapman and Michael W Smith. Except David has a much better voice. David Sang wonderfully, the venue was beautiful, and the evening was a success. Jennifer is a member of the David Phelps Phan Message Boards, and we were able to meet a lot of the people that she chats with on the boards, almost on a daily basis. I have to say that these people are super, they are funny, friendly, and I felt like I have known them forever.

Tonight, We went to the Portsmouth Symphony orchestra's Christmas concert. I have to tell you that if you are from Portsmouth you need to go hear these people perform, they are superb. I love Christmas music and these concerts definitely got me in the mood for the season.

God, has been good to me. Anyone reading my past few messages knows I have been going through some trying times. I have to tell you that God has been working wonders in my life, even when bad things are happening God can use these troublesome times to draw you closer to him. Even in my time of sorrow God provided me with an escape from my troubles. Tonight's concert allowed me an opportunity to just enjoy some beautiful music that told the story of the birth of my Savior.

Tim

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Not only did God give you a dinner and entertainment last night, but He also provided it all at no cost to us!

God is good in good times and God is good in bad times. He's good ALL the time!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Tim I have been meaning to post on here for a while to tell you that I have been praying for you. Your blog of the 16th prompted me to actually do it, and to say thanks for the nice things you said about us! It was a pleasure to meet you and you know that I love Jen - she is a very special lady. Our sermon today was on the stable - and how sometimes, like the wise men, we follow our star only to land in a stable instead of the palace we imagined. But God is in the stable with us, just like He's in the good times with us. I thought of you and many of us who go thru those "stable" times and how the only way out is by holding on to He who was born there. Prayers will continue but I know you are holding on to the One who will lead you in the right direction. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and many blessings in the New Year.
Sharyn