CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Lessons Learned

Today I learned a valuable lesson, in my last post I stated that I was having some struggles at work. I am continuing to have those struggles, some of them I have created for myself and others are circumstances beyond my control. Today I chose to spend my lunch break in prayer and reading scripture, while studying I found some scripture that gave me comfort:

4 In your struggle against sin, you have not yet resisted to the point of shedding your blood. 5 And you have forgotten that word of encouragement that addresses you as sons: "My son, do not make light of the Lord's discipline, and do not lose heart when he rebukes you, 6 because the Lord disciplines those he loves, and he punishes everyone he accepts as a son." 7 Endure hardship as discipline; God is treating you as sons. For what son is not disciplined by his father? 8 If you are not disciplined (and everyone undergoes discipline), then you are illegitimate children and not true sons. 9 Moreover, we have all had human fathers who disciplined us and we respected them for it. How much more should we submit to the Father of our spirits and live! 10 Our fathers disciplined us for a little while as they thought best; but God disciplines us for our good, that we may share in his holiness. 11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it. Hebrews 12 4 - 11

When I read this scripture it made me realized that I had not been studying the bible or praying in the manner that I should. Was I slipping away from my God? I now realize that by allowing these struggles to happen to me God was turning me back to him. As we go through life's struggles we will often look toward our heavenly father for comfort and relief. I want to thank God for his wisdom and for his discipline. I ask you to please pray for me helping me to work through these struggles and for God to continue to strengthen me in my walk with the Lord.

Tim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

That scripture is what God sent to you because I asked Him to remind you of who you are to Him. His son! God is good all the time!!!

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

Tim!!!!!! HI!!!!!! :) ok first of all i must say I LOVE THE BOBBING HEADS that's one of my favorite skits from SNL! secondly, praying for you and Jen all the time :) Your post really got me thinking also and I needed to hear these words from this post and the last post you had. I so often fall to man when i should trust in our Lord. Well, God is so Good and He will guide you through! So take a step of faith because Help is on the way! Hoollld on! hold oonn! He will lead you through!

Anonymous said...

Hi Tim...We're DP Board Members....We were at the Sidney, OH concert but didn't get to meet you and Jen...Praying for you and I have included a poem I wrote years ago for a friend going through a rough time...I now like to pass it on to others. Hope you enjoy it.

Belief
When darkness shrouds horizons,
And life is filled with grief.
You'll find a shining light above,
That light is called belief.
Belief that Jesus loves us,
He knows our works, our deeds,
Belief that when we're calling,
He'll give the strength we need.
To conquer any obstacle,
To rise above despair,
Belief that we shall always walk,
Within His loving care.
Belief that we need never face,
Tomorrow on our own.
He won't forsake, or leave our side,
We will NEVER be alone !!

He will always be there !!
Silver Hair Fans from the DP Phamliy

Tim said...

Thanks to each of you, and thanks for praying for me as well as the encouragement you have given.