CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, December 14, 2006

1 I waited patiently for the LORD; he turned to me and heard my cry.
2 He lifted me out of the slimy pit, out of the mud and mire; he set my feet on a rock and gave me a firm place to stand.
Psalm 40: 1-2

Let me state that I love being a librarian, I so enjoy what do. I never want to give the impression that I do not like being a librarian. We all go through struggles in life, and I happen to be going through one right now. At a David Phelps concert that we went to this past Monday, David told about the struggles that we will all experience in life and he reminded us: "this too shall pass". Unfortunately, Mr. Phelps reminded those of us in the middle of good times that: "this too shall pass" as well. This is what life involves, peaks and valleys. I must continually remind myself that although I am in a valley right now, I will climb out of this valley and walk the peaks once again. As I look back over my life I find that I have walked on the peaks a lot more than I have the valleys. I now understand why I am struggling so much through these hardships, I have spent very little time in valleys and have enjoyed the Lords blessing for most of my life. Although I believe I will never enjoy my time in the valley I do understand the purpose, and I know that as the verse at the top of the post states: "he will set my feet on rock and he will give me a firm place to stand". Please continue to pray for me, and please check out the new video I posted from YouTube.

Tim

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Tim, I too have been in many valleys in my life. Each and every day I remember that God Loves Me and this gets me through my day and He has also given me my faith and a good sense of humor. I will pray for you as you go through these valleys.....but as David said...these too shall end.
Blessings, Fran
(fmarie12 on David's board)

Anonymous said...

I always feel like I should say something when I come to your blog and read. I just don't know what to say other than "Amen! to the scripture".

Jennifer

Anonymous said...

It is comforting to read the words of a fellow traveler who is going through a period of trial and suffering, too. I found your words encouraging, and they point me in a direction I have not looked for a while.

Blessings,

Jared

BTW, I think I'm thinking what you're thinking, but where are we going to find rubber pants our size?

Tim said...

I really want to thank you guys, for all of the encouragement everyone is giving. I am also happy to hear that others may be benifiting from my posts. I also need to thank you Jared the Pinky and the Brain reference really made me laugh.