CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, June 29, 2006

Reading


As a librarian I feel it is my responsibility to promote reading from time to time. I love to read, my favorite reading material is Fantasy (not Science Fiction) Lord of the Rings, Chronicles of Narnia, Robert Jordan I enjoy them all. Now Fantasy is not the only reading material I enjoy, I love Louis L'Amore books and I just finished reading a couple of the Laura Ingalles Wilder books. Concerning Non-Fiction, I love humor (but not joke type books) like Bill Bryson's travel books as well as some more serious non-fiction including Tuesdays With Morrie or anything History by David McCullough or Allan Eckert. Of course the book that I recommend reading the most of all is the Bible.

I will read pretty much anything within reason, what do you read?

Tim

The Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: Well, I think so Brain, but isn't Regis Philbin already married?

3 comments:

Tim said...

I suppose that from the lack of comments, I can assume none of you are readers.

aaronkallner said...

Me no read.

Actually I read a lot, but it is not on any top 50 list. I read a lot of optometric journals, it is tough to keep up.

The only pleasure reading I do is the Bible or the ESPN website. Does that count?

Jennifer said...

I enjoy reading the David Phelps message board, the blogs of people I know, and that's about it.

Honestly, I hate to read. I have always struggled with comprehension problems since I was first taught how to read in school. If I don't understand what I'm trying to read, how could I enjoy it and then want to read again?

This is a huge problem for me when I read the Bible! I want more than anything to understand what I read in that book because it's the only truth there is in this world. I have discovered that when I am attempting to read the Bible, and I take the time to ask God to help me understand, He always does. As a matter of fact, it's at those times when I find it difficult to put the book down! That's a good thing and a wonderful blessing!!!!

One thing to note about me is that I am not interested in reading anything unless it has something positive to say about my Lord.

Although, I do enjoy children's books because for the most part, they teach simple lessons that you can easily find in the Bible. Plus, they're short stories! :)

Jennifer