CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Cheese


Cheese is a solid food made from the curdled milk of cows, goats, sheep, buffalo or other mammals. The milk is curdled using some combination of rennet (or rennet substitutes) and acidification. Bacteria acidify the milk and play a role in defining the texture and flavor of most cheeses. There are hundreds of types of cheese produced all over the world.
I love Swiss Cheese, I love it on sandwiches, crackers, or just plain. I want each of you to name your cheese (if you click on the hyperlink hundreds of types of cheese it gives you a nice listing for cheeses of the world.)

Tim

The Brain: Pinky, are you pondering what I'm pondering?
Pinky: I think so Brain, but if Jimmy cracked corn, and no one cares, why does he keep doing it?

7 comments:

aaronkallner said...

My favorite is Peppered Jack. I like those little cubed versions that you get on meat trays.

I do not remember any "Pinky and The Brain" dialog, sorry. I didn't watch them much.

Jennifer said...

I told Tim last night that I didn't know what kind of cheese I liked. I thought for a moment and then told him it would probably be colby. BUT....I forgot about hot pepper cheese! I love that stuff!

Jennifer

Jennifer said...

Also, there's nothing quite like a cream cheese ball with crackers! Or just cream cheese with just about anything. ;)

Ok, this is starting to get out of hand because I'll just keep thinking of more and more cheeses that I love to eat. So, I'll stop with the hot pepper cheese and cream cheese and colby cheese and...and...and...

Jennifer

Unknown said...

Colby - fresh sliced at the Muletown Mini-Mart. The epicenter of cheese in my world.

aaronkallner said...

On Seinfeld, George equates the perfect summer of freedom is sitting around and eating a block of cheese. I too find this as a perfect situatuion. A block of cheese followed by a tube of cookie dough.

No one said that I was perfect.

Unknown said...

I hope there is a lapse of time between the cheese block and the cookie dough.

Aaron McCray said...

I would have to say that COLBY Cheese would be my favorite. A nice mild cheese that taste good with about anything.

As a kid we would go to Findlay Market in downtown Cincy and my dad would get us Colby Cheese and Sweet Pickles. We would wrap the Colby around the Sweet Pickles and this was great, even though I do not eat pickles.

Even Kim enjoys this at times and she desperately cannot stand pickles.