CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, May 16, 2006

Cereal


Breakfast cereal mmmmm.

I remember growing up and eating various types of breakfast cereal, they were usually a non-sugary type. I always wanted Cap'n Crunch, Boo or Frankenberry, or even Frootloops, but my parents always had Cheerios, Shredded Wheat, or Grapenuts. Bluuuck!! I remember putting so much sugar in my Cheerios that I could drudge up a spoon full of sugar with every bite. Grapenuts, it was the never ending bowl of cereal, I could never keep up with the Grapenut rate of expansion. I remember when I first moved out of the house I went to the store and bought every type of sugar cereal I ever wanted to try, and they were great. What I want to know is what is your favorite breakfast cereal, mine is Peanut Butter Cap'n Crunch.

Tim

"When the toast is burned, And all the milk has turned And cap'n crunch is wavin' farewell. When the big one finds you May this song remind you That they don't serve breakfast, in hell"
__________________________________________________

Passenger: Would you please stop hitting the back of my chair? I am trying to sleep!

??????: I'm sorry, Miss Nice Older Person, but I don't know what you're talking about. Perhaps you were just having a nightmare about your early days in the circus.

Passenger: One more word out of you and I'll call the flight attendant.

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

When I was little I always loved grape nuts clusters.

I also loved oatmeal and I still do. I add butter, brown sugar and a little milk to mine.

I like bite size frosted shredded wheat, raisin bran, and granola.

Give me the whole grain stuff!

Jennifer said...

Oh yeh! I use to LOVE "smurf berry crunch" cereal. It was my favorite!

aaronkallner said...

"That wasn't nice of mean old lady to smash your collarbone."

I had my Smurf berry crunch faze and I still like Cookie Crisp and Captain Trunch (Ellie's name for it).

As a kid we only ate Cheerios and Raisin Bran. I only ate the fun ones when we stayed other places. When I got to college I used to eat cereal at every meal. We would eat dinner then get cereal to top it off. I love cereal.

I vary on my different moods, but here is my top five.

1) Honey Smacks
2) Lucky Charms
3) Fruity Pebbles
4) Frosted Flakes
5) Boo Berry \ Count Chocula (was that the name)

This probably expains the Freshman 15, thank goodness I was a 6'4" bean pole in high school and I needed the weight. The problem is I do not need the weight now. I miss my high metabolism.

Aaron McCray said...

I really am into Honey Bunches of Oats...although I would have never been caught eating that as a child. My favorites as a youngster and still now would be Fruit Loops (who can ever forget the classic Toucan Sam commericals) and also as everyone else stated, Fruity Pebbles.