CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Tuesday, March 07, 2006

doin the Dew


DEW HISTORY
The rumors are true. Mountain Dew was born way back in the hills of Tennessee in the 1940s. The name Mountain Dew was first trademarked by two brothers, Barney and Ally Hartman, who ran a bottling plant in Knoxville. The Hartman's Mountain Dew, however, was a lemon-lime drink used as a mixer with whiskey. Dew's appeal went national when Pepsi-Cola bought the franchise in 1964, minus the wiskey.
I love the Dew. There is nothing like the taste of ice cold Mountain Dew on a hot day, I prefer it straight out of the bottle. mmmmm...
Now, how about you make the call. What is your favorite, legal, non-acoholic beverage.

Tim (Abby Normal) Gampp

"no way, you hoser. eh?"

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

Water is the drink for me! I love it! Not ice cold. Not warm. Just cool, clear water. I will drink it ice cold or warm but it's just not the same as cool water. I can guzzle down alot of cool water but not cold or warm.

I also really, really love fruit smoothies! (That is, if I must leave a comment about a drink with flavor.) My favorite "add-ins" for a smoothie are banana, strawberry and orange. Man! That stuff is good!

aaronkallner said...

I as well love Mt. Dew. Good facts, I did not know that.

Eugene proctor was from Pure Luck, I do not know too many lines from that movie, so no catchy phrases from me, sorry. I did like the scene when he gets stung from a bee.

Having gone to school with guys from Canada, hoser and eh are common words. So I am guessing that this is from Bob and Doug Mckenzie. I can not think of that movie in the early 80's. All I can think of is their Christmas song.

Abby Normal, no clue. I am disappointed since my child's name is Abbie as you know, but still does not ring a bell.

Jennifer said...

Think of it this way, Aaron. Tim and I are just helping to broaden your movie watching choices. You now know there is alot more out there that needs watching. How exciting is that to a movie guy?!! Always good to know there's more. :D

I have to admit, I am always so sad when you aren't familiar with one. I feel like we're letting you down. HA!

aaronkallner said...

Thanks for the sympathy Jennifer. But I look at it from Meatloaf's (the singer not the meat) view. Two out of three ain't bad. I like a challenge, so keep it coming. If I haven't seen the movie, then it gives me a chance to experience new ones.

Tim told me where Abby Normal is from, I have not seen that movie in a long time.

Grampy said...

Diet Coke is my usual choice, but a Barq's Diet Root Beer over ice is a nice change-of-pace once in a while. I could go for a Vernor's Diet Ginger Ale right about now too.