CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Thursday, March 01, 2012

Starting A New Journey In An Old Location

I haven't blogged since I returned from China with my daughter in 2007. My life has been a whirlwind adventure since that time. As I previously alluded to, I have a beautiful daughter from China, and let me say that I am loving being a father, Zoe has been a blessing and a joy in my life. People always say that she is so lucky to have been adopted. The truth is, I have been so lucky to have gotten her, I can't imagine my life without her. I have also changed jobs. I am now employed by the state of Kentucky, I am the Region 8 librarian/consultant for the Kentucky Department for Libraries and Archives. That means I attend board meetings and advise libraries in 15 counties in eastern Kentucky on policy,procedure and all other manner of library business . It is a good job, I enjoy what I do and I like the people I work with.  Finally, we have moved. We are buying an new house. It is the house that my wife grew up in, and it has been a challenge. The house has required a lot of work and isn't finished yet, I hope to finish it soon. working on the house has been both rewarding and frustrating,. Seeing what I have accomplished has given me confidence in my ability to to do what ever I set my mind upon. It has been frustrating because it is a slow process doing construction work and learning as you go. God has been good to me

I hope to continue to use my blog as a kind of journal that allows me to put my thoughts down in one place. A place that I can reflect these thoughts and a place I can share a little bit about me with others.

0 comments: